The Lifestraw has earned its chops in Africa--saving lives and reducing disease fatalities over the last several years.
This is a pack of 2 , for your entire family or friends.
Did you know that every Lifestraw sold gives 1 year of water to a child in Kenya. Read more here..http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7351651-vestergaard-lifestraw-follow-the-liters-program-kenya-safe-water/
LifeStraw is a personal water filter that ensures no matter where you go, you will have instant access to safe drinking water. It’s lightweight and compact, making it perfect for hunting, hiking, fishing, and emergency preparedness.
You can drink directly from lakes, rivers, or your water bottle. Simply put the lower part of the straw in the water, and sip through the other end. After drinking, blow back into it to clear the filter.
LifeStraw filters over 264 gallons (1,000 liters) to 0.2 microns, which removes dangerous bacteria and protozoa. The removal rate exceeds EPA standards for water filtration.
The technology behind LifeStraw has been featured on CNN, Fast Company, BBC, Time, and the New York Times. LifeStraw is also Time Magazine invention of the year, 2005, Saatchi & Saatchi Award for World Changing Ideas, 2008, Well-Tech 2006 Innovation Technology Award, "Gadgets for Disaster Zones" BBC May, 2011.
- Filters 264 gallons (1,000 liters) to 0.2 microns
- Removes 99.99999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 7 reduction)
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction)
Very lightweight –2 oz (57grams)
- Easy to use, contains no chemicals, and has no moving parts.
- Used in the harshest conditions in developing countries since 2005.
- 1 year warranty
LifeStraw removes bacteria, including:
- Escherichia coli,
- Vibrio cholerae,
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa,
LifeStraw removes protozoa, including
- Giardia lamblia ("Beaver Fever")
- Cryptosporidium Parvum
- Entamoeba histolytica.
- The LifeStraw does not filter heavy metals or viruses, and will not desalinate water.
- Length: 8.75 inches
- Width: 1 inch
- Weight: 2 ounces
- Construction: durable plastic. Does not require replacement parts or batteries, or any chemicals.
- Shelf Life: 5 Years when stored at room temperature (early packages indicated 3 years, but that is being corrected)
- Included: Comes with a lanyard, and a cap for the mouth piece and end piece